We believe there is one God, YHWH, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We believe that YHWH and JESUS is that name!
Jesus is true God and true man. He lived a perfect life and died on the cross, a sacrifice for sins. He arose bodily from the dead. He is the physical manifestation or person of YHWH's Spirit and the Holy Ghost/Spirit in His birth through the virgin Mary, and in resurrected incorruptible celestial body following His death on the cross and ascension to Heaven. That He was revealed as Father in creation, the Son in redemption, and the Holy Ghost in emanation and in Him, that is Jesus, dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, for it pleased the Father that in Him should all the fullness dwell (Colossians 1:19).
Moreover, we believe:
All people have sin in their lives and need God’s forgiveness. Those who trust in Jesus Christ and Him alone for their salvation become true members of the body of Christ.
The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and to indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
At the end, everyone will experience bodily resurrection and the judgment. Those who have faith in Christ will enjoy eternal fellowship with God.
History about Our Faith
Zion City was established as a Apostolic-Pentecostal church. However, it is important for us to let you know that we DO NOT deny the "Trinity", the "Spirit of the Trinitarian Doctrine," what it means, and the views of those who hold close to their hearts certain terms and terminology used to describe the Godhead. In fact, we believe that both Oneness and Trinitarian views at its core, when approached and studied objectively, honestly, openly, diligently, deeply and rightly, are one and the same and any "perceived" differences are clearly a matter of semantics which leads to varying doctrinal and denominational practices thus creating what really is an illusion of division unseen in the real world. See Tenets of Faith below.
Surely no self proclaimed Christian in their right mind would deny that Jesus is the ONLY NAME given under heaven whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:11, 12* | St. Matthew 28:18 | Colossians 3:17 | St. John 14:5-7 | 1 John 2:22*, 23 | 2 John 1:7-11
To be clear, God or YHWH has never ever stopped being God! He is Our Father who art in heaven and He is sovereign and unchanging in nature; the same today, yesterday, and forever. Hebrews 13:8.
We believe that His spirit dwells in each of us as His Spirit dwells in Jesus Christ, the difference being Jesus is His ONLY BEGOTTEN Son. There is no other person like Jesus Christ; He is the brightness of His (YHWH's) glory and the expressed image of the person of YHWH (Hebrews 1:3), Emmanuel (God with us - Matthew 1:23).
Tenets of Faith
"The bible wasn't given to line up with our lives, it was given so that our lives would line up with it."
–Pastor Coliér McNair
- In one LORD, one faith, and one baptism.
- In the authenticity of the scriptures as God's divine Word and plan for mankind and human living.
2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20, 21
- In the death, burial, and resurrection of our LORD and savior Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
St. Matthew 12:40, 41; St. Luke 20:34-38; St. John 2:19-21*; 11:24-26; Acts 1:3; 2:22-24*,32,36; 4:10-12; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, 12-20; Philippians 3:10
- In Jesus Christ as the physical manifestation of God's Spirit and the Holy Ghost/Spirit in His birth through the virgin Mary, and in resurrected incorruptible celestial body following His death on the cross and ascension to Heaven. That He was revealed as Father in creation, the Son in redemption, and the Holy Ghost in emanation and in Him, that is Jesus, dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily, for it pleased the Father that in Him should all the fullness dwell.
St. John 14:26; 2 Corinthians 5:19; Philippians 2:6-11; Colossians 1:14-20; 2:9, 10; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:1-8
(We DO NOT deny the "Spirit of the Apostolic or Trinitarian Doctrine" - Read More)
- In repentance for sins of commission and/or omission†
Psalm 51; 2 Corinthians 7:10; 2 Peter 3:9
- In baptism by full body immersion in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of our sins†
St. Matthew 28:18-20; St. John 3:5; Acts 2:38; 4:12; 1 Corinthians 3:10, 11, 16; Colossians 3:17
- In the spiritual new birth of the Holy Ghost/Spirit as the promised gift and comforter sent from/by/of God and given freely to ALL who willingly and diligently seek Him. This is the initial accomplishment, confirmation, and experience of the Holy Ghost/Spirit evidenced in the form of God's Spirit speaking out, of ALL who receive Him, His wonderful works and praises in another language you may or may not know and/or understand. This constitutes the new birth!†
St. John 3:5; 14:26; Acts 1:8; Chapter 2
- In giving eagerly and freely to the LORD first our lives, our time, and a portion of our finances according to His Word and Divine Will.
Proverbs 3:9, 10; Malachi 3:8-11; St. Luke 6:28; 2 Corinthians 9:7
- In the prospering of God's people spiritually, mentally, emotionally, socially, physically, and financially.
Deuteronomy 28; Ephesians 3:20; 3 John 1:2
Cross (†) - Constitutes the Plan of Salvation and new birth experience short of living a holy, sanctified and God-fearing life by the grace of God.
About Pastor Coliér
Pastor Coliér McNair is a measured, but formidable apologetics teacher and preacher with over 4000 hours of personal and formal study (in church settings) in God's Word. Moreover, Pastor Coliér welcomes conversations with people from all walks of life. As brothers and sisters in Christ and certainly Children of God, whether over a cup of coffee, tea, lunch or dinner, we should heed the words of Isaiah 1:18 - "Come now, let us reason together, saith the Lord."
To learn more about Coliér McNair, purchase and/or download his book: Winning People, Losing America.
Finally, as you contemplate the brief content on this page, please consider for a moment the following statement:
"Our enemy, the devil, doesn't care what we fight about -- just as long as we keep fighting."
...Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ... Ephesians 4:13