Social Media Policy for Member, Service and Ministry Leaders
- Know and follow ZCICM’s Statement and Tenets of Faith, Ordinances of the Church, and Qualifications for Membership as stated in the By Laws of ZCICM, Inc.
- ZCICM members or “Zionites” are personally responsible for the content they publish on-line, whether in a blog, social computing site or any other form of user-generated media. Be mindful that what you publish will be public for a long time and beyond your control so protect your privacy and take care to understand the terms of service for social media sites you use.
- Identify yourself-name and, when relevant, role at ZCICM-when you discuss ZCICM-related matters such as ZCICM products or services and those of it’s affiliates (i.e., EASE™ Your Soul, Coliér McNair, Kingdom 360, COGEO, Anesis Therapy, tenant partners, etc.). You must make it clear that you are speaking for yourself and not on behalf of ZCICM and its affiliates.
- If you publish content online relevant to ZCICM in your personal capacity it is best to use a disclaimer such as this: "The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent ZCICM’s positions, strategies or opinions."
- Respect copyright, fair use and financial disclosure laws.
- Don't provide ZCICM’s or a client's, partner's or supplier's confidential or other proprietary information and never discuss ZCICM business performance or other sensitive matters about business results or plans publicly.
- Don't cite or reference members, clients, partners or suppliers on business-related matters without their approval. When you do make a reference, link back to the source and do not publish content that might allow inferences to be drawn which could damage a member or client relationship with ZCICM.
- Respect your audience. Don't use ethnic slurs, discriminatory remarks, personal insults, obscenity, or engage in any similar conduct that would not be appropriate or acceptable in ZCICM’s workplace. You should also show proper consideration for others' privacy.
- Be aware of your association with ZCICM in online social networks. If you identify yourself as an ZCICM member, ensure your profile and related content is consistent with how we wish and hopefully you wish to present yourself with colleagues and clients.
- Spirited and passionate discussions and debates are fine, but you should be respectful of others and their opinions. Be the first to correct your own mistakes.
- Try to add value. Provide worthwhile information and perspective. ZCICM’s brand is best represented by its people and what you publish may reflect on ZCICM’s brand.
- Don't misuse ZCICM logos or trademarks and only use them if you have the authority to do so. For example, you shouldn't use ZCICM in your screen name or other social media ID. See Dos and Don'ts.
Social Media Policy Acknowledgement Form
If you are a Zion City Member Leader, Service Leader, Organizational Leader, or Ministry Leader, please sign and submit this form as soon as possible.
General members ARE NOT required to complete and submit this form.
Social Media logos and icons on this page do not constitute an exhaustive list of Zion City social media channels and outlets. To be clear, signing of the Social Media Policy Acknowledgment Form IS NOT limited to the listed group of social media distributors on this page only. The Zion City Social Media Policy is applicable to all identified, unidentified, disclosed, and undisclosed official Zion City Social Media apps, channels, outlets, companies, and distributors today and in the future.